Monday, July 18, 2011

Sculpture

So I've been busy busy here in Aix-en-Provence. Hence the lack of posts recently. The last two weeks have consisted of a combination of a sculpture workshop in the morning (led by Greg Wyatt) and landscape painting in the afternoons, and of course a bit of travel and going out on the weekends and nights thrown in there as well. Greg Wyatt is an accomplished sculptor who lives and works in NYC and we are very lucky to have had him come give us a workshop. As we were working I fell in love with sculpting with wax and hope to continue working with the medium if I can when I get home. The only problem is that since wax melts, it is a semi-permanent method, so Greg somehow found the funding to have one of our small sculptures sent to the Coubertin Foundry where Rodin had his works bronzed. So they will be sending one of my sculptures to me cast in bronze and I will receive it in a few months. Unfortunately, I made about 4 wax sculptures, so I am going to try to see if I can transport them home and eventually get them bronzed as well, but seeing as it is an expensive process we'll see.

Here a few of the sculptures I created, more paintings to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment